- Reads Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, OpenOffice/LibreOffice and Internet Explorer with speech and highlighting so you can follow the text as it is read out by high-quality human-sounding speech.
- Reads text in email, webpages, and any other program you want by selecting with the mouse, pointing with the mouse, or capturing from the screen.
- Read paper documents with scanning (OCR). ClaroRead Plus and Pro only.
- Reads English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish andtwenty-four other languages with 80 different voices and accents so you can listen to a voice you like.
- Choose highlighting by word, by sentence, any colour, and lots of combinations so you can get just the right one for you.
- Word prediction
- Suggest words as you type to help with spelling and writing.
- Choice of high-frequency, many subject-specific, and huge prediction dictionaries.
- Phonetic prediction – type “n”, see “knowledge” suggested.
- Learn new predictions as you type or train it in a particular subject.
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Echo back text recognised by Dragon as it appears on your computer screen so you know it is right.
- Listen back to your text after you have written – hear mistakes you can’t spot when you read.
- Listen to each word or sentence as you type so you can hear mistakes immediately.
- Speaking spellcheck lets you select the word you want by hearing the alternatives.
- Support for homophones and easily-confused words like “there” and “their” and “they’re” including images to help you select the correct word.
- Advanced phonetic, dyslexic and problem spelling corrections like “neel” (kneel) and “necessary”.
- Check anywhere, in Mail or Safari or Chrome, not just Microsoft Word.
- Speaking dictionary for any word in any program with over 300,000 English definitions.
- Thesaurus to help with comprehension.
- Change font and text to make it easier to read.
- Change screen colours to reduce contrast and make reading more comfortable.
- Listening later
- Read text into an audio or video file to listen to later (on your ‘phone, on the move, for study).
- Scanning (OCR) – ClaroRead Plus and ClaroRead Pro
- Use industry-leading Omnipage technology to convert printed documents and image files into PDF, Word and many other formats for reading and annotation later.
- Create accessible PDF files with reading order.
- Make any text displayed on the screen read aloud, including online eBooks and presentations.
ClaroRead Standard, ClaroRead Plus and ClaroRead Pro (but not ClaroRead SE) include all of:
- Easy to use mind mapping and idea capturing tool.
- Reading ruler and screen colour tinter. Helps anyone who has problems keeping focus while reading.
- Study tool. Capture images and text from web pages and documents to help write essays and organise references.
ClaroRead for PC Comparison Chart
|High quality text to speech voices.|
|Speak Microsoft Word Documents with highlighting.|
|Speak in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox.|
|Speak PDF files with highlighting.|
|Save text to audio files.|
|Speak back Dragon NaturallySpeaking as it recognises your text.|
|Make Word documents easier to read.|
|Spellcheck, phonetic spellcheck, homophone check,
and speaking dictionary.
|Included ScreenRuler, ClaroCapture and
|Scans and converts paper documents into editable
Microsoft Word documents and accessible PDF files.
|Convert PDF files into Microsoft Word documents.|
|Capture text from the computer screen to read or edit|
|Enhanced scanning features – proofread, correction
and output options.
|USB memory stick version available. Runs directly from a
memory stick on any PC – no files installed.